Tuesday, September 27, 2011

OpEd Reflections

So I haven't been into blogging for very long, and my opinion editorial was the first really big post that I have made.  I've learned a lot through this process.  I've never had a clue, first of all, what the fascination was with blogging.  Now I think I'm starting to get it, at least a little bit.  Secondly, it has been really good to learn more about my personal writing style.  I've never put as much effort into my papers as I could or should have because I was always content to get a B+ or an A-, and that's usually what I got.  I never went back and reread after I was done with the paper.  I wrote for the assignment, not for the sake of instructing someone and expressing my opinions in a more open forum.  Posting this editorial to a blog that is open to the public has given me cause to want to excel, rather than to "do well enough".  Finally, whatever the means may be, it is good, therapeutic, even, to have a medium through which I can voice my opinion, put it down in writing, I mean.  It helps me to form much more concrete opinions, and to find supporting information.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I would have to agree, that is how I have written mostly all my papers. I am actually going to use this technique more frequently though in my life. To revise it a couple of times.