Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Family

In light of my upcoming anniversary, I have decided to post about my wonderful family.  My wife, Lisa, and I will have been married for four years, come this Thursday.  We met during my senior year/her junior year of high school.  We dated throughout her senior year, and she waited and dated while I was on my LDS mission in Russia.  We got married about two-an-a-half months after I came home.  She has been extremely helpful and supportive of me as I have been busy with school, work, and AFROTC activities. 
We have two beautiful children.  Our daughter, Ashlynn, was born the day before our second anniversary, so we spent that anniversary in the hospital.  She'll be two tomorrow.  Our son, Aaron, was born 19 Apr 2011 and passed away 07 Jul 2011.  He had a congenital heart defect, which led to complications, including the need for an IV to supplement his nutrients.  That line got infected, and the infection quickly spread through his body.  He passed away either on the Life Flight helicopter or at Primary Children's that same night. 

1 comment:

Jennifer and Michael said...

Brandon - it sounds like you have a beautiful family and I'm sorry for your loss. I appreciate your example in expressing a deep appreciation for the freedoms that have been given to us through the dedication of others. I've already felt more appreciation for the blessing it is to live in this country because of the hard work and sacrifice that so many people have given since reading your blog. Thank you for that.