Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peer Review Analysis

In my opinion, peer reviews are beneficial when there is free-flowing open communication.  I think the fact that the "workshopee" was restricted from talking while his/her RA was being reviewed was both beneficial and detrimental.  I say beneficial simply because no one was getting defensive or boisterous while his/her paper was being critiqued.  At the same time, it was detrimental in that it cut off part of the flow of communication.  I would expect that college students ought to be mature and professional enough to take the criticisms for what they are worth, and to use them to improve the quality of work.  If that is not the case for any individuals, then those persons need to have the opportunity to grow past their vanity.  All of that being said, my personal opinion of this particular session is that it was effective in providing constructive feedback to improve the writing of each member of my group.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Yeah I agree with the person receiving the critiquing a little hard, I think I would say that was the only thing that I would change about the whole thing.

Madison Miller said...

I think the peer review was fairly effective, but would have been much more effective if people were more prepared for the assignment before class.